Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Missing the Mountains!!!!


I have realized lately, I guess because we have snow now in Chicago, that I really miss the mountains and skiing and hiking. My screen saver on my computer turns into a slide show from my photo library, when the mountain pictures are on the screen my heart tugs and I get pangs in my stomach. We are all on our own journeys but I have realized lately that I really do love the mountains but for some reason have had a hard time figuring out where, how to move to them. The pictures above are from my Pakistan trip and the tent is from the Ladakh trip. One of the things I like about Chicago is that we get ever changing weather which is very similar to being in the mountains and I love running when it is snowing for some reason snow makes me really happy. But I really, really, really miss skiing and I have to figure out how to get myself in a position to ski again. I chose my college, yes, because it was an Ivy League college but also because it was in the mountains and it had a good field hockey team, I moved to Chicago because I figured it was easier to get out west to Snowbird to ski. So, I am now focusing on how to make the mountain thing happen, the economy stinks, the job market stinks, there are a lot of reasons to buckle down and be practical, but my heart says the mountains and I just have to figure out how????? I signed up for the Huff50K but still have no idea how I will get there. I am about to go out for a medium length run and it is grey, gloomy, cold, drizzly/sleety here...sounds really fun doesn't it????? Somehow I am going to try to find some joy today, maybe I will get inspiration on my run....
FInally, Meghan on her blog referenced this book on the Cardinal Rules of Blogging, I am sure I have broken all of them but you know what, this is my blog......,heheheh, so I can blog when I want to and about what I want to..... as bug's bunny used to say...that's, that's, that's all folks......................
                     JB

No comments: