Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Sun, A Blue Sky, Life is Good




            i I took pictures of my little run to Olive Park today. The sun was out, the snow and all the grey puddles were gone and it was just a gorgeous day.  It is amazing how different the same scenery can look depending on the weather. I made Heidi's Mushroom Casserole over the last week and it is really yummy!!!  I love mushrooms so next time I think I will add more than what the recipe calls for and a mixture of different types although baby portobellos/crimini are my favorite. And I made the ginger crisps as well, being the impatient person that I am, I did not let them cool off long enough so the cookies started breaking up. The crystallized ginger is what makes them taste great plus the brown sugar and my friends thought so too!!! With all the cooking, of course I have to up the running!!! 
The view of the Hancock building is from the end of Olive Park, that is where I do my sun salutations and cartwheels. Being upside down does something energetically that makes me feel so much better about life. I took some skewed pictures by accident today...I titled them, "My World", I thought they were quite appropriate for what my world feels like sometimes, out of focus and skewed, I am excited, I think I am much more in balance for 2009, and so many people I have encountered are moving on to their next stages and I think that is what is in store for me, the next stage which will include me being more humble in general and being grateful for what I have and focusing on the things and people that bring joy in to my life, support me and help me grow as a person and where I can be a positive force in their lives as well. Life is TOO SHORT to do otherwise. Funny what a SUNNY day can do. At least I can go back to these pictures when we get back into the normal, grey Chicago skies and I start getting to the edge of the ledge again....But I am excited, an Ultra(I signed up for the Lakefront Ultra on April 4th,although for me signing up and doing are 2 totally separate things but at least I am definitely in!!!!), more writing, skiing again at Snowbird, climbing again and plenty of Primary Series in yoga, I have the courage to go to a Mysore class soon and one of my major priorities is being more open to people and making new friends(particularly guys),  and appreciation of the friends that I have!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am excited for our new President who is inheriting a mess and it will take some time to sort things out but at least the country is getting back on the right track with someone whose convictions are in the right place in my opinion. I am excited to work on Edible Chicago, the little magazine that could!!!!!  And I have a couple of job opportunities that I am interested in, if they are interested in me.... And I just weighed myself today and I lost another 2lbs despite its being the holidays. I am so excited at getting back to the old/new me physically, as I get more at peace with myself I don't have a need for all the extra physical layers and I know I will never be skinny and I don't have to be, I will be happy to get to a point where I can finally do a kickback in yoga, I am doing handstands and headstands but I would love to be able to hold myself up in a seated position with just my hands and the laws of physics aren't letting me do that quite yet, but I am getting there. A lot of the binds in yoga are another thing, I was born with monkey arms so I can only do what I can do but I do laugh at myself,  A LOT, when I attempt any of them. Some people can look so graceful when they attempt things, I am just not one of those people.  So I am optimistic for 2009, I am going to pray more for one thing, particularly when I start getting to the edge of the ledge again, which is so easy for me to get to and I am going to practice accepting myself(this will take ALOT of practice) and just being me, to have fun at most whatever I do, and to see where this year takes me which hopefully means Colorado!!!!!!!!!

             Happy New Year 2009 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                         JB


                         

No comments: