Saturday, June 13, 2009

Holland!!!

I had a quick trip to Holland to celebrate a surprise birthday party for an old college roommate. It was sooooooooo great to see such a loving family, a beautiful house, tons of flowers, although I did not wear a tulip skirt to the party!!! I forgot how much I love Europe, traveling, how I am much more comfortable outside of the US than in the US. That one of the things I actually like about working at the retail store that I do, is that I meet people from all over the world!!!! I love attempting to speak different languages. I find traveling so easy. The wines that my friend's husband chose were wonderful, a great Nuits Saint Georges, I have bicycled through Burgundy and have tasted some amazing grand crus, and after drinking my great value less than 10$ a bottle every day wine, it was luxurious to drink the Burgundy. Lots of cheese, herring and strawberries. The entire trip was very affirming and I have to say I loved traveling business on KLM on the way over.....

I have not been very inspired to blog much lately, just trying to keep my head above water financially and just mad about the world. Why do so many jobs that don't do much to help society pay so much and the jobs that actually help people pay so little??????????????? I am just having a very hard time coming to terms with the two. Take health, if people actually paid attention to what they eat, didn't rush around so much, actually took time to do yoga, pilates, anything where you learn how to breath correctly and reset your spine, walked and bicycled more rather than drive and sit in cars, everyone's health would be a lot better. But the justification is that they are too busy, that they are trying to earn a living and that they just don't have time or the money to do the things that would actually help them feel better. Everyone has a choice and so much of American society is work, work, rush, rush and quite frankly, everyone has a choice not to rush. When friends tell me that they are too busy, I just think it is a bunch of baloney, everyone is as busy as they allow themselves to be, you prioritize what you prioritize that is it..........................Maybe I have been eating too many green things..................

2 comments:

CJ said...

Glad you had a good trip! Your blog should be something that you want to do...if you wanted to take it down, for instance, your true friends would understand.

Meghan said...

That is great! Glad you were able to get away for a bit.