Saturday, January 30, 2010

10 Easy Things U can Do to Save the earth

Okay, besides buying Philippe Bourseiller's book, here is my top 10 list of little things u can do to save the earth..

1. When shopping and someone offers to put your items in a plastic bag, just say no and put it in your own bag. Even if you say no to just a few bags, that is a step in the right direction.

2. Pick up a piece of trash on the ground that isn't yours and put it in a garbage can.

3. Support your local farmer's market like the Green City Market...

4. Support chef's who source local and support local farmers.

5. Change one paper item in your house to recyclable, TP(toilet paper), PT(paper towels)

6. Lower the temperature in your house

7. Turn on one less light

8. Walk somewhere where if you wanted to you could walk but took a cab or drove

9. Support Climate Cycle

10. Take a run outdoors rather than the treadmill at the health club, saves energy and better for you...

SO speaking of which, putting this list together was my procrastination from a run so out I go.....

JB

3 comments:

Mount Damavand Guide said...

Find helpful info for Mt Damavand !
Mount Damavand Guide
http://damavandmt.blogspot.com/

Jeannie said...

Thanks, I bookmarked the blog. I would love to climb Mt.Damavand, I have heard it is a beuatiful area, an issue of money at the moment.

JB

Cat said...

All excellent ideas and I would love to meet you for coffee sometime.

Are you still in the mich ave area?

Can you shoot me an email so we can exchange numbers?

I am :

up4more2@gmail.com

Look forward to talking to you!

Cat