Saturday, January 30, 2010
10 Easy Things U can Do to Save the earth
Okay, besides buying Philippe Bourseiller's book, here is my top 10 list of little things u can do to save the earth..
1. When shopping and someone offers to put your items in a plastic bag, just say no and put it in your own bag. Even if you say no to just a few bags, that is a step in the right direction.
2. Pick up a piece of trash on the ground that isn't yours and put it in a garbage can.
3. Support your local farmer's market like the Green City Market...
4. Support chef's who source local and support local farmers.
5. Change one paper item in your house to recyclable, TP(toilet paper), PT(paper towels)
6. Lower the temperature in your house
7. Turn on one less light
8. Walk somewhere where if you wanted to you could walk but took a cab or drove
9. Support Climate Cycle
10. Take a run outdoors rather than the treadmill at the health club, saves energy and better for you...
SO speaking of which, putting this list together was my procrastination from a run so out I go.....